- President's Message
- Mission . Vision . Values
- Our Pathologists
- Licensing and Certification
- News & Events
- United Way Charities
- The International Cervical Cancer Foundation & CerviCusco
- Suncoast Communities Blood Bank
- The Corinthian Society
- SaraPath Assistance Programs
- Breast Health Center and Breast Health, Inc.
- Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Community Medical Clinic at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Hardy County Health Department at DeSoto Memorial Hospital
- Hospice of Southwest Florida
- Mote Marine Laboratory
- Sarasota and Manatee County
- Toys for Tots Annual Toy Collection
- All Faiths Food Bank
Kevin Mc Cormack M.D. Ph.D., Thomas Reed M.D., Jill Hennessy M.D., Jeff Zacks M.D., Erich Gaertner M.D., Christina Warner M.D., Jason Tedesco M.D.
New Platform for Cytology testing at SaraPath Diagnostics
We are now doing in house HPV testing using the Hologic Aptima Panther system. This system has many benefits. Firstly, it tests for 14 high risk HPV viral E6 and E7 mRNA which is thought to be more specific for a significant infection.
In addition, there is a reported decrease in false positives.
The test uses a smaller volume of fluid and the system is more automated allowing for technologist flexibility.
Specific high risk genotyping is available for HPV 16 and HPV 18/45 after a positive HR HPV screening in certain patients. In house correlation with the previous method (Digene hybrid capture system DNA based) showed excellent correlation.
For more information, please download our full Newsletter under "Related Material" on the right column.